JTW Contractors Limited (“JTW”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how JTW collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you purchase a product or take part in a competition. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
JTW Contractors Limited is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as ”JTW”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
JTW Contractors Ltd
QWest, Unit 2.13
1110 Great West Rd
(Company Number 05863455)
Data Privacy Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site jtw-contractors.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, company, telephone/fax number, your email address, purchasing, credit or debit card details (where relevant), delivery address and personal information to identify you as an additional security measure (e.g. Mother’s Maiden Name).
We may ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with products purchased, and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services. You are not obliged to provide this information, and you can opt out of this correspondence during registration.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
The above list is not exhaustive and in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our website, or send an email to our customer contact team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example by your browsing or purchasing activity.
Uses made of the information
We (and our trusted partners acting on our behalf) use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
- Our representatives may follow up, either by e-mail, phone or fax to people who have purchased goods from our site as part of our customer care procedures. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes in line with appropriate legislation;
- for registration purposes and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or contact us to withdraw consent;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public or regulatory authority or in a legal dispute
We will use this information.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve products and services and our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Who we share your data with
We will share your personal information with:
Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If JTW or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
- Other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data. Please contact us if you require further details.
Legal basis for JTW processing customer personal data
JTW collects and uses customers’ personal data because it is necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- Complying with our legal obligations.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of JTW, including:
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- Sending promotional communications
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences and needs;
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Managing claims by customers
- Protecting JTW, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to JTW
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against JTW; and
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders
JTW will use its best endeavours to protect the information you provide. Access to your information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
When you use this site and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy statement.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by clicking the Unsubscribe button in any communication from us. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:
Data Privacy Officer
JTW Contractors Ltd
QWest, Unit 2.13
1110 Great West Rd
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Updating personal information
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes we will correct, update or remove that user’s personal data as speedily as possible. You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you or would like us to, correct, amend or update your information please e-mail us at email@example.com